At Flaming MO’s we believe in a philosophy that is fair and reasonable. We will always endeavour to make the customer happy, but in some circumstances however, a full refund is not possible.
Examples of this include (but are not limited to):
- Where we have manufactured a specific part/surround to order
- We have ordered an item in specifically from a manufacturer and they will not accept a return
- Where a manufacturer charges Flaming MO’s a restocking fee for returns
- Where we have incurred transport charges
Each manufacturer has their own specific product warranty and conditions. These are usually found in the customer instruction booklet and if lost can be found on the manufacturers’ website.
It should be noted that in the case of fully installed appliances, most manufacturers’ have a clause that allows them (at their discretion) to repair an appliance rather than replace it. This process is independent of Flaming MO’s and whilst sometimes frustrating, is totally out of our control.
Should warranty works need to be undertaken, again each manufacturer has a different process. Most document that their own service technicians undertake the works with the balance allowing us to perform the works.
For the record…
Australian Consumer Law (As designated by the ACCC)
- We are not required to provide a refund or replacement if you change your mind.
- You can choose a refund or exchange if an item has a major problem. This is when the item:
- Has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying the item if they had known about it
- Is unsafe
- Is significantly different from the sample or description
- Doesn’t do what we said it would, or what you asked for and can’t be easily fixed
- Alternatively, you can choose to keep the item and we will compensate you for any drop in value.
- If the problem is not major, we will repair the item within a reasonable time. If it is not repaired in a reasonable time you can choose a refund or replacement.
- In all cases, please keep your proof of purchase and in the case of installed items, your compliance Certificate will also be required for manufacturer’s warranty.